Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meet Hope of glasshousejewelry







Meet Hope of glasshousejewelry
You can visit her shop here:


How many years have you been an artist?
most of my life

How many years have you worked with glass?
about 8 years now

What triggers ideas for new projects?
sometimes the most random things like a pattern. very often it is an experiment that gets me moving in a different direction.

When do ideas come to you? How often?
in spurts and often late at night.

What percentage of the day do you think about or work on your art?
it varies. there are times when it is all I can think about and times where I have to step away from it for clarity.

Do you create daily?
no. I definitely have times when I am more prolific than others. If I did it every day then it wouldn't be as "fresh". I do work every day though.

How important is it for you to create art?
It is critical for my piece of mind.

Do you feel that choosing the artists life has been a sacrifice?
Have you given up certain luxuries?
not really. I love what I do and consider myself to be very fortunate to be able to say that.

Describe your studio.
I have my own studio with a very messy work area, tools, shelves filled with glass, etc. Best of all...my desk faces the window with an incredible view out onto a natural pond and wooded area....very serene.

Tell me something about you.
My daughter and I are very close. One of my favorite things to do is to walk with her and the dog down to the beach nearby in search of sea glass and other "treasures".

No comments: