Friday, March 13, 2009

Meet Cher of Talentedlady





Meet Of Cher of Talentedlady.
You can visit her shop here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=74612

-How many years have you been an artist?
Since 2000 (maybe even as a child)
-How many years have you worked with glass?
Since late 2006
-What triggers ideas for new projects?
I look at the glass and decide what I'd like to create. I've started getting into larger pieces which are more challenging than the jewelry peices.
-When do ideas come to you? How often?
I try to work on glass a couple of times a week. Other times I work on painting porcelain and at other times it's marketing.
-What percentage of the day do you think about or work on your art?
40-50%
-Do you create daily?
No, about 4-5 days a week.
-How important is it for you to create art?
It's very important. If I'd realized how much I love art and had created it for a living years ago I would have been much happier.
-Do you feel that choosing the artist’s life has been a sacrifice? Have you given up certain luxuries?
I think it's a luxury to be an artist.
-Describe your studio.
I have converted a bedroom into my work space. I also spill over into the kitchen. I've always been a space hog.
-Tell me something about you.
When I was young I felt I hadn't found my niche in the workworld. I didn't realize I could be a working artist. Also, my mother was quite a gifted artist and I felt I never quite measured up. She was very encouraging of my artistic talent though and what I lacked in self confidence I made up for in tenacity. I could and still can work at something for hours trying to get it right. I trully didn't realize that I could make money with my creativity. Granted I haven't made it to "the big time" yet but that still could happen!

No comments: