Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meet Shannon Of Pigatopia





Meet Shannon Of Pigatopia
You can visit her shop here:
How many years have you been an artist?
I have been doing art my whole life. I only started making art to sell to help noah's ark pot bellied pig rescue in new port richey florida about 5 years ago. Since then I have donated art to not only Noah's Ark pbp rescue but many other like: Pig Placement Network, Noah's Wish, Farm Sancturary, Awbar, EFA, CAR. In January I started a blog www.pigatopia.blogspot.com which allowed me to help many, many more rescues and sanctuary's.
How many years have you worked with glass?
I started painting glass first about 3 years ago. I wanted to start etching glass so I bought a drimmel with some diamond tip bits about 2 years ago. I love free handing portraits on glass and I am very fast at it.What triggers ideas for new projects? My mind never stops. One must come up with new stuff or your art will become stail and boring. most of what I have done so far has been portriats but more recent I have been getting request for logos and tattoo designs.
When do ideas come to you? How often?
The ideas never stop I am always working on 2 or 3 projects at a time. It helps keep me motivated and prevents me from getting bored with my own art.
What percentage of the day do you think about or work on your art?
during the week I spend 2-3 hours a day working on art but I spend 8 hours a day on my projects on the weekend. I make art 7 days a week. even when I am on vacation I take my art with me.
How important is it for you to create art?
I have to create art to help me cope with stresses from every day life. I also have to keep making art to help animals The more art I make the more aniamls I can help.
Do you feel that choosing the artist’s life has been a sacrifice?
Have you given up certain luxuries?
I do not feel that I have given up anything in my life, if anything I have gained. I have meet many wonderful people, Made many, many awesome friends. along the way I got to see the faces of some of the animals I have helped. If you have ever helped an animal in need then you know the look I am talking about. It makes it all worth while.
Describe your studio:
My art studio is wall to wall projects. I find something I want to make then bring it down stairs and sit on the couch. at times I hog up the whole coffee table with my projects. I sit and work while listening to the TV. I love making art I try and keep challengeing myself to do better.

2 comments:

mvegan said...

Beautiful work helping animals! ;0)

pigatopia said...

Thank you so very very much for allowing me to be a feature on your blog. I always love reading blogs and your is very good.

Thanx
shannon