Friday, February 12, 2010

Meet Lisa of Artdefleur










Meet Lisa of Artdefleur.
You can visit her shop here:


How many years have you worked with glass?
I started working with stained glass in 1997, my glass work as evolved over the years from mosaics to kiln work. Before glass I worked mostly in pastel and oil paint.

What triggers ideas for new projects?
I am inspired by nature, flowers fish, the color of the sky. I just love color.

When do ideas come to you? How often?
Ideas can come to me at anytime, even dreams. I love color. I think about my work daily.
What percentage of the day do you think about or work on your art?
I would like to say 100% but I have a family, a job and pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) I do dedicate some time each day to my work.
Do you create daily?
Yes, even if it's just a quick sketch.

How important is it for you to create art?
Very important, It's how I communicate.

Do you feel that choosing the artist’s life has been a sacrifice?
No, art is a pleasure I can't imagine my life without art.

Describe your studio:
I have a room in my house that is dedicated to my glass work. I like working at home because I can work any time I have a free moment. I have a talented woodworker husband who has built me a fantastic work table. I have a couple of kilns, a torch, and lots of glass. I like to turn on some music and just relax and explore. That doesn't mean everything turns out perfect but we learn a lot from our mistakes.

Tell me something about you:
I have always loved art, I think it started with my first box of 72 crayons, so many lovely colors. I paint, draw, mosaic, and work with the kiln. I enjoy creating art and am very happy that I can share my work with others.

No comments: